Skip to main content

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

For Christmas I bought my brothers the Pass of all Passes - thinking that as two teenage boys they would love being able to go to Seven Peaks and Trafalga and all that jazz for free all summer long. And it would encourage sibling bonding since they could go together, right?

Well, before the Christmas break was over, my parents and I were totally jealous of their super cool passes and all the stuff they got to do with them. So we bought one for each of us as well. We spent that first week going to Trafalga and playing mini golf, taking my Mom laser tagging and a few other fun things. But the options are still a little limited until March when we can go ice skating and May when we can start going to Seven Peaks.

But, one of the perks of these passes is that you get into a couple of Grizzlies hockey games for free. One of the free games was on the 19th and my Mom and I decided that would be a great mother-daughter bonding opportunity. -I interrupt this story to comment how freaking awesome my Mom is! Some moms get pedicures, facials or go to chick flicks with their daughters (which is fine for them) but my Mom and I bond over sweaty men beating the crap out of each other with hockey pucks and big sticks. AWESOME! Resume story. - Well, we got there an hour early and told the nice lady at the ticket office to give us the best seats she had left. Obviously she didn't read the "Pass of all Pass holders get the crappy seats in the upper bowl" memo because she gave us FRONT ROW seats!! That's right! So front row that you felt like you were literally sitting on the ice with the players front row. So front row your legs fell asleep from the cold front row. So front row you had to hold on to your soda when they smashed into the glass or it would have ended up all over you front row. Here are some pics and videos for your viewing pleasure. Sorry for the crappy quality - they are just from my phone. I would have brought the camera if I thought we were going to be on the front row!


Smile Mom. This is for posterity.

Yay for Zamboni's! I've loved these crazy things since I was little - they are the only good thing about ice.

Play Ball ... I mean Hockey

Griz was harassing my Mom. Better document it.


Comments

-M- said…
That is so awesome!!! :)
Amy said…
Your style of bonding simply exemplifies one of the reasons I love you guys. Not because it involves sweaty men or beating with sticks. You guys are just awesome and I think it's so great that you guys are such good friends!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.