Skip to main content

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is.

We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know.

We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about how excited he was to have a family together and raise them in the Gospel. Finally he said, 'So I just have one question for you. Do you really want to marry me?' Of course I said yes! He reached in his pocket and pulled out a Subway napkin. Ha ha - I love that kid. Sure enough the ring was inside. He knelt down and pow - just like that we were engaged. Jealous? You should be. He's a keeper. But I'm not sharing. Sorry.

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Haha. You're so cute!! I loved the whole "either he's going to propose or he's going to break up with me because he knows I can't kill him." That's awesome. :) Congrats again!!
Kristine said…
That's an awesome story!
Scott said…
Aw, I love it! And that's a great place to get engaged. :)
Unknown said…
I'm so excited for you!! Love the story....Congrats!!!
Anonymous said…
Your freaken awesome!!! That's all I want to say. I love ya! And I'm so happy that you two are getting married, so PERFECT for each other!!!!
-Vero
Anonymous said…
I love it! I love it! I love it! Y'all s funny, too cute for words story will never get old. Bring on Oct 5th!!! mucho love mi amiga.

-Anonymous;)
Kimberly King said…
Oh, what a cute guy! Such a cute engagement story!! Thanks for sharing, Riss!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.