Skip to main content

Naughty Little Puppy

Piper is a pill. Here is the prequel to this story: She LOVES food. She is most definitely my dog. :) We have never fed her from the table because we didn't want her to learn that meal time for us was meal time for her. Little did we know that it is not a learned behavior - I swear she was born with it! Since the day we brought her home, anytime anyone eats anything, she is right there, looking up at you with pitiful little eyes - just begging you to share your tasty morsels with her. Then she roams around the floor looking for crumbs. And if it hits the floor - it's hers. Doesn't matter what it is or if you meant to drop it - you have surrendered it.

So, the other night I came home and grabbed a snack size box of Cheerios out of the cupboard - thinking it would be a good evening snack. Well, I started reading and stopped paying attention to my Cheerios. I bumped the box and it toppled on to the floor. I quickly started cleaning up the pile - but she was faster. She started inhaling the Cheerios as fast as she could. You could hear her almost choking because she was eating them so fast. You can say dogs are dumb - but she knew exactly what she was doing. The good news is, it was a whole serving of heart-healthy whole grains .... plus, maybe it will lower her cholesterol!

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Haha. That's funny. At least she choose a healthy food to consume, right? :)
Kristine said…
Hahaha! That is awesome!
Unfortunately, I think that is a natural instinct all dogs are born with!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...