Skip to main content

Scripture Slut

Yes, I have to admit it, I am a scripture slut. What the crap is a scripture slut you may be thinking. Well, let me enlighten you. I will have to give you some history though.

On my mission I apparently had a hot love affair with one of the elders - we shall call him Elder Untouchable. I WISH I could remember it - man, if my life had a forbidden love scene in it, I would at least like to remember it...probably will be the only one I get. Anyway, I came home...completely unaware that my mission was an epic love saga of rumors about me and Elder Untouchable. At Elder Untouchable's homecoming, another elder from the mission asked if he could clarify something he had heard about this love scandal. I said sure. This is the story he proceeded to tell me:
It was late one evening and I was at the mission office helping Elder Untouchable. President walked in and saw me sitting in a chair, Elder Untouchable standing over me ... and there was a bright lamp directly above us. Our companions were nowhere to be seen. President forthwith banned us from ever serving in the same zone again!

I still don't think I've recovered from falling off my chair laughing when he told me this. Uh, yeah...really? I must say though, whoever was the instigator of this ridiculous rumor - kudos to them for going to such painstaking effort to add the finite detail of the lamp directly above us. That's classic. Oh, and my one question would be...President could see us. Where the heck were our companions?

Anyway, moving on. I was on the phone with Elder Untouchable some time later and he told me a few more rumors (I will spare you since none of them were nearly as fantastic as the lamp story) but then he told me that apparently, during my second transfer, my companion told President in her interview that Elder Untouchable and I were, and I quote, 'Scripture Dating'. I still, and probably never will, have ANY idea what the heck scripture dating is! Scripture dating!?! Seriously!?! Oh man, that's good.

Well, when I was sharing these wonderful adventures that I never had with Jessica and Manders the other night, Jess said 'You scripture slut'. I think I am going to make me a shirt that says that. 'Proud to be a scripture slut'.

P.S. Our epic love saga ended tragically. He came home rather uneventfully and got married to someone he never even scripture dated! And now they have a beautiful little baby. Somehow I feel like I should have some battle scars or at least some memories or something...but I guess our love affair just didn't go that deep.

Comments

Jessica said…
Long story, anticlimactic ending, but so filled with hilariousness. Thanks Scripture Slut. ;)
Becky said…
You freakin' crack me up. I heard all of your romantic-rumors while on the mish and was somewhat dissappointed when you finally told me that none of it was true. Anyway, you're probably one of my favorite scripture-sluts ever...I loved this post; thanks for sharing. :)
That is so completely random! But I love the shirt idea...awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.