Skip to main content

Can I Ride in the Elelator?

Okay, so I know I'm like a month behind on this whole daily blogging thing...I hope no one got their hopes up. I sure didn't. And therefore, I am NOT disappointed that I haven't blogged in forever. :) Anyway, the other day my coworker and I had a little adventure I decided was worth spreading on the internet in an effort to reassure the world of my true hair color...
We had to get a whole bunch of heavy boxes up to the office from out in the warehouse. The only easy way to do that was to load them all in the huge mail cart that was in the warehouse and wheel it to the elevator, unload it in the office, take it back downstairs on the elevator and return it to the warehouse. Well, the first part went well - we loaded, rode the elevator, unloaded and headed back downstairs. I wheeled the mail cart in first and then I got in the elevator. Wendy got in after I did and off we went. When we touched down on the ground floor Wendy got out. I turned the mail cart so I could push it out instead of pulling it and attempted to exit the elevator. Just as I got the mail cart in position in front of me there was a little whooshing sound as the elevator door closed. Wendy was on the outside and I had successfully pinned myself in the corner furthest from the 'Open Door' button thingy. Awesome!
There was now a huge metal mail cart between myself and the exit. I thought for sure Wendy would notice I was not behind her and open the door. But the door didn't open. So I started thinking....'which body parts can I sacrifice to make it over the top of this mail cart so I can push the button?' Or 'I wonder if HR will have an issue with me chilling clausterphobically in the corner for a couple of hours until someone needs the elevator and releases me?' or 'Maybe this is how I was meant to die...makes sense...awkward...alone...trapped by technology...yep, this is how I'm going to die'. My life passed before my eyes - I really tried to block it out, it was rather boring, but it was passing nonetheless before my eyes....
DING!
As the door opened, Wendy was standing there doubled over laughing hysterically. All she had to say was 'well, I HAD to laugh at you before I could let you out!' ... uh huh...she should have left me there...dying in an elevator would have been less embarrassing...plus, it would have made a killer story for my posterity. Wait...

Comments

Jessica said…
LOL. I'm guessing you'll be taking the stairs for awhile, eh?
Must-Ash said…
I checked blogspot tonight SPECIFICALLY to see if you had written something here. Love IT!!!
Oh my heck, that is hilarious! I love hearing all your funny stories...reminds me of the good ol' days. *sigh* ...The WC with you and Roger =-)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.