Skip to main content

Road Trip! - The Piper Part

This past weekend my Mom and I took Piper on her very first road trip. We went to Idaho Falls to visit my aunt and cousins. This dog LOVES car rides - so I didn't think it would be too bad. And really it wasn't.

On the way there, she sat on my lap the whole time. She stared out the window and wagged her tail for seriously the entire four hours! My Mom was super sweet and set up the back seat like the doggy Hilton. There was a tarp on the floor so Piper could have her food, water and litter box down there - just in case she needed them (and my Mother says she hates this dog. Right. I'm so not buying that!). The first time I put her back there, she got in her litter box and then jumped right back out and gave me this look like, "Are you kidding me!? How the heck am I supposed to use that when the whole freaking car is moving!?!" Then she proceeded to scratch at the back of the seat and cry because she was too little to jump back into the front seat. As pitiful as it was - it was pretty funny.

She did great at my Aunt's house - she didn't get eaten by the cat, freeze in the Idaho cold during the night, or attack their lab. In fact, she and the lab were buddies and got along great! And she was in love with all the new people who were more than willing to scratch her and let her give them kisses. I swear - that dog thinks she is a people. And that the world revolves around her. Sadly, it might.

The ride home was much more exciting. She must have worn herself out cuz she passed out before we were even out of my cousin's cul-de-sac. And she stayed passed out all the way to Brigham City! Sleepy puppy. In Brigham my Mom and I switched and I drove the rest of the way home. Mom wasn't such a huge fan of me trying to juggle the dog, who was now wide awake, and drive at the same time. So she made Piper come sit with her. That was a success - NOT! Piper is just a little bit attached to me and her place in the car is on MY lap. And she just.can't.handle.it when she's not on my lap. So for the next hour, she and my Mom were locked in an epic battle of wits - Piper trying desperately to outsmart my Mom to get back to my lap and Mom trying to keep her restrained on that side of the car. And dang that dog is smart. She would sit there all nice and quiet, she would even look out the window on my Mom's side and pretend she was perfectly content to sit with Mom. Then, as soon as my Mom let go of her she would turn lightening quick and bolt for my lap. Mom would catch her and sit her back down and it would start again. At one point my Mom had her hand on Piper's chest and Piper stuck her nose between Mom's hand and her chest and pushed - like she was pushing my Mom's hand away. It was hilarious. And finally when she couldn't win, she would lay her head on my Mom's arm, look at me and sigh. Yep - my dog is a drama queen. But all in all, I would call her first road trip a smashing success!

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Lol. Piper is hilarious and adorable. I'm glad she survived the first trip. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.