Skip to main content

Life Lessons

In light of my last post, here are a few life lessons I've learned from my cousin:

- "15 minutes + dark alley = happy big brother" (posted on Facebook after his younger sister's boyfriend broke up with her)

- "I will break both his thumbs. Have you ever seen a guy zip up his pants with broken thumbs? You can't do ANYTHING with broken thumbs." (again said after his sisters boyfriend broke up with her)

- Family is everything. Without family, there isn't anything else.

- Your Mother is someone you should adore, trust, confide in and seek council from. She is your greatest friend and biggest fan.


- Bear your testimony to your children and siblings often - you never know when you'll run out of opportunities to do so.

- Tell your spouse how much you adore them every day - because if it ends up being your last one, you will have no regrets and neither will they.


- 'It takes a bigger man to change a diaper than it does to leave it for your wife. It takes a bigger man to help with the dishes or clean the house than to leave it for your wife. There is no such thing as women's work - it's all just work."

- Learn the scriptures. Don't just read them - make them part of you.

- Always keep Christ at the center of everything you do. If He is already a part of your home and your heart, it will be much easier for Him to comfort you through the trying times in life.

Comments

Jessica said…
What an awesome tribute. He sounds like a stellar guy.

If I die before you, will you write something like this for me too? :D
Kriss said…
You can't die before me. I'm older. :) End of conversation.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...