Skip to main content

Watch Your Step!

Last Friday night a group of friends went to the Brad Paisley concert at the Usana Ampitheater. I used to love country music. I used to love Brad Paisley. Used to would be the operative phrase there. My friend asked me to go and though I don't love Brad Paisley or country music anymore, I do love my friend. So I went. Everything was good until it got dark and cold and darker and colder. Cold is not my friend. So, I decided to sit down and wrap up in a blanket to get warm.

It was mostly working and though I looked asleep - I was mostly comfortable. Then, out of the blue, some drunk guy totally stepped on me!!! And then he bent over to apologize and he fell on top of me! Totally awkward. Finally he got up and walked away. But he left me there in some serious pain! It was kind of ironic though - we had been watching him and making snide remarks about him before he was drunk...he was totally a player. Maybe that was his way to get back at us for our less than charitable comments.

Either way - I decided this was the perfect opportunity to make a break for my warm car and enjoy (if you can use that word) the rest of the concert in warmth and comfort. I realized just before putting my shoe on that the open waterbottle that had been resting in it was now obliterated by my new inebriated friend. I tipped it and a water gushed out. Nice.

Thankfully, after slosh-hobbling to my car, the heater dried out my shoe and my ankle was only a swollen beauty for a few days. I'll bring an air horn next time. Although, that could make things worse ... not sure what happens when you scare a drunk, but it sounds dangerous!

Comments

Why don't you like country music anymore? Oh Kriss, have you been away from Utah State for too long? It may be time for a visit to re-educate you. ;) Sorry about the drunk though! That's what I hate about Usana. There are stumbling drunks all over the place!
Jessica said…
Slosh-hobbling. Must add to my vocabulary. ;)

And that's what you get for going to a country concert. Now you know. j/k...I love you and wouldn't wish a need to slosh-hobble on you anywhere...even at a country concert.
Baby Sister said…
Just as hilarious/sad the second time around. :)
Unknown said…
Wow. I wouldn't have wished that upon anyone.

Well I guess it's a good thing you couldn't come to the 30 Seconds to Mars Concert then. I forcibly reenacted the actions of ping-pong ball. It was awesome and terrifying.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.