Skip to main content

You Should Name Him Ralph!

Okay, so this post is a little past due but hopefully it's awesomeness will make up for it's tardiness. That always seemed to work for me in high school. :) Today marks the two week anniversary of a very momentous occasion. Two weeks ago James, my younger brother, and a friend of ours went to the State Fair. I love the State Fair. And I love going with my brothers. We ride all of the rides...well, except the very scary ones. We eat way too much food and probably laugh too much. Our friend was a welcome addition to our festivities.

We started the night with the usual fabulous food. Then we wandered for a minute to let everything settle before taking on the rides. We started at the far end of the park and worked our way toward our favorite end where all the really good rides are. We finally made it over there and anxiously waited in line to ride the Tilt-a-whirl, our friends' favorite ride. We started out well - strategically placing us in the car according to body weight so we could acheive maximum spin. Mid-way through the ride, I realized our friend was not laughing but instead cupping her hand over her mouth. Thankfully the ride ended and though she had to run furiously to the garbage can to throw up - she made it through the ride. That was a close one.

She decided that since it was her favorite ride and there was now no danger of a repeat ralphing as her stomach was empty - we should take on the Tilt-a-whirl again. So we enthusiastically got in the car and were ready for a fabulous adventure. We were twirling and whirling and then again I realized my friend was not laughing. But this time...it wasn't so lucky. Her hand just wasn't enough. And yep, you guessed it - she puked all over her lap and all down my leg.

Now at this point there was some serious Divine intervention. I am getting sick just typing this story. So living through it, I'm not exactly sure how I didn't lose it all over the innocent carnival ride. But I didn't. But I think I may leave the carnival riding to the standard tradition of just me + brothers. Just sayin.

Comments

Kristine said…
Hahaha! That is too funny. I don't go on rides like that either because I would/will puke.
Baby Sister said…
Oh wow. Poor girl. That really would not be fun...poor you too!! I would have puked I'm sure!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.