Skip to main content

Woes of a Pizza Junkie

Okay, so I posted the edited version of this story in the online community at work, but I thought I'd elaborate a little here.

It began around 9:30 this morning when all of the sudden I realized I had a coupon for a $0.25 pizza - yes that's right a Twenty-five cent pizza, from Papa Johns. I decided immediately to capitalize on the opportunity to be an extortionist and get my co-workers to pay for the Large pizza that had to be purchased in order to get the $0.25 pizza deal. Well, they jumped on the band wagon and all pitched in and we got ourselves an online order placed before the clock struck 10:00. I scheduled a pick up at 12:00 and thought everything was peachy...started salivating for the garlic sauce before I'd even eaten my breakfast! Then came the voice from the cubicle...'hope you didn't order that pizza during our meeting...' I DIDN'T order the pizza to be picked up during the scheduled meeting - the meeting is from 10:30 - 11:30. I was, however, held hostage in the said meeting until 12:00! After executing a prison break, I was off for the pizza which I drove like a mad woman to return to the office. By the time I got it back, it was beyond cold and the breadsticks were the wrong kind....I'll save you the carnage incurred by my wrath because of this. Needless to say, I did NOT share my pizza with the voice in the cubicle! Moral of the story: DON'T step on the Garlic sauce!!

Comments

joybear said…
Oh nooooooo that voice in the cubicle owes you a nice HOT pizza!!!
Baby Sister said…
Wow. That is tragic. Sad. I'm depressed by that story. They better pay you back!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

A lot of friends have been talking about how much they hate Christmas creeping into (or completely taking over) November. So I started thinking about the issue - because apparently it's a big one and obviously something I should be thinking about, right? I think Thanksgiving suffers from severe middle-child syndrome. Halloween comes first and is a little bit crazy but well recognized, highly celebrated and ridiculously loved. Then there's Christmas, the ever impatient youngest child who can't wait their turn...ever. Plus Christmas is the 'favorite' child - it's loved, celebrated, commercialized, overpriced and way over represented. And Thanksgiving just sits back and gets run over by these two crazy holidays on either side of it. It never complains when people forget it or when international businesses schedule important meetings that day (ugh...speaking from experience on that). Thanksgiving doesn't mind giving the lime light to the other two. Why? Becaus

Battle of The Bands

On my right is my boss - blasting classical Christmas music. On my left is my co-worker - blasting oldies in an effort to drown out the classical Christmas music. Then there's me - plugged into Pandora, listening to Adele "Someone Like You". And not only is the music blasting - but randomly, my co-worker starts singing along to her oldies station so my boss starts humming Christmas tunes really loudly. I sorta feel obligated to unplug my iPod and start singing out loud too. Too bad our other co-worker isn't here to blast and sing along to her Spanish tunes. That would be the icing on the cake.

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.