Skip to main content

Lost It

People say you lose it once you get engaged. I have fought hard to deny that reality. Last week - it became undeniable.

A good friend and I decided to visit another good friend at the Fair to support the booth she was in charge of. I checked the website for the Utah State Fair for admissions fees and hours of operation, filled up my car with gas for the drive to Salt Lake, and picked up my friend for our grand adventure. We talked and laughed all the way to Salt Lake. We found the State Fair Grounds with little effort and without getting lost (that's a big deal for me in Salt Lake...ok, or anywhere). Then we looked inside the Grounds. They were completely empty. No one anywhere! Wierd.

So, we called our friend. Guess what? She was at the Fair. But the Utah County Fair in Spanish Fork! Three hours and some minutes after we started our journey...we finally made it to the Fair. Oh boy. Good thing the company was awesome cuz that was the LONGEST drive to Spanish Fork of my ENTIRE life!

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Haha. That totally sounds like something I would do!!
Unknown said…
WHAT? you went to the fair without me! I am sad now....I wanted to go.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...