Skip to main content

Of Heaven And Hell

Last week I think I experienced the ENTIRE spectrum of emotions. It was an amazing yet slightly traumatic week.

Monday: I listed my house for sale.

Tuesday: Someone called to look at my house. But I wasn't ready yet. So I took a half day and finished painting and yard work.

Wednesday: My closest friend at work was let go. And to make things worse, her job wasn't eliminated ... it's been moved to me. Talk about awkward. But Wednesday I also took my final for Lab - only one more to go!!

Thursday: Signed the contract to sell my house. We close May 21st. Kinda freakin' out.

Friday: Aced my last test of the semester for lecture. Just one more class and the final - then I'm free! And found out that I passed my Anthropology class. Whoo hoo!

Saturday: Had a fantastic time shopping, eating yummy food and hanging out with my whole family! Best day eva! Also found out someone very close to me has decided to move in with their significant other. Not so best news eva.

Sunday: Sacrament. Rejuvenation. Strength to keep going. How grateful I am that no matter how crazy emotional the week is - Sunday always comes. And how grateful I am for the restored Gospel which gives me such peace and perspective. God is good - all the time!

Comments

Oh, don't you just love weeks like that? Congrats on your house though! Amazing it went so fast! (kinda jealous, not gonna lie). We want to move Badly, but can't because our house won't sell. So if you're looking for a new one in Layton...(wink wink)That wouldn't be a bad commute or anything =P
Baby Sister said…
And this is what happens when I don't read blogs...I didn't know you're selling your house!! That's awesome and kinda sad. But I'm glad it has sold. :) Now you don't have to worry about that. Congrats on acing your test. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...