Skip to main content

A Sense of Accomplishment

This is your fair warning - you don't have to keep reading if you don't want to hear how awesome I feel right now. So...you've been warned.

I just got my grades from UVU for Fall semester. All I have to say is 4.0!! I am feeling pretty freaking awesome about that! I know for most of you that might not be a huge deal, but I didn't get very many 4.0 semesters in college and then after 7 years of being out of college, going back full-time while balancing work and stuff...not to mention the fact that two of those classes were Statistics and Chemistry...it's pretty epic.

I have a new found respect and admiration for those who successfully balance full-time work and full-time school. It totally sucks!! And I can't even imagine throwing a family into that mix! That's just nuts! I almost died and I only have to worry about me! Luckily I narrowly escaped death and I'm gearing up for another semester of this craziness. But this moment of euphoria is almost worth the last three months of stress and struggle and pounding my brain against lots of hard objects. Almost.

Comments

Jessica said…
Holy crap, you are amazing!! I got one 4.0 once...one semester...in high school. By the time I got around to working FT and doing school FT, my motto became "C's get Degrees!"
Unknown said…
GO KRISS! this is just a cosmic confirmation of your awesomeness.

next step? making that Irish accented dream a reality. hehehe.
Baby Sister said…
Wow Kriss!! You are awesome!! Kudos to you!! We should totally celebrate that tonight!! Congrats. :)
-M- said…
You are SO AMAZING!!!! You should be so proud of yourself! :) I'm proud of you too! :D I knew you could do it.
Becky said…
Just so you know, whenever you finish a semester you get to buy yourself a present. And if you get grades you're happy with you get another present. Go buy yourself two presents! yeah! Congrats. I always knew you were awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...