Skip to main content

A Clean Post

When I was a little kid and tried to manipulate my Mother into letting me get a puppy, she would always ask how I would keep it clean. I would answer that if I had a puppy, it could just shower with me every morning. Then it would always be clean and I would never have to bathe it. Foolproof plan right?

Well, I don't have a fan in my bathroom right now and so I have to leave the door open just a crack. And without fail, every morning, a little, furry head pokes around the corner of the shower curtain. As much as I thought that was a great idea as a child - I certainly DO NOT appreciate it now. So when that furry little head pokes into the shower - I yell. A lot. And throw things. Occasionally. Until she leaves me to finish my shower in peace.

The other day while I was showering, I was noting that my superior training skills had finally paid off and the dog was not sticking her head in the shower. Then, I felt something on my leg. So I turned around. Piper had climbed in the shower and was standing right behind me. In. My. Shower! Good thing my neighbors only speak Spanish and I only yell in English! 

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Hahahahahaha!! That is awesome!! I don't think I would approve so much either...
Unknown said…
yeah...that's a little awkward. Remind me to tell you the newt/salamander in the shower story sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...