Skip to main content

Mmm....Corvette!

I have a minor obsession with Corvette's. Check out the website and I think you'll agree that they are beautiful cars. I rode in one once. It cost as much as my house. It also went from 0 to 80 in 2.5 seconds. It just doesn't get any better than that.

As part of this distracting obsession, I notice when there's a Corvette. And I offer it a moment of pause and reverence. Usually accompanied by a not-so-silent "Mmmm" or "Ooooh" or "Ah" or other covetous sound. Well, when I was in Arizona, I saw an awful lot of Corvette's. So my conversations with Merideth were frequently interrupted by 'ooh's and 'ah's. After water aerobics one day, we walked out into the parking lot and I let out an 'Mmmm'. To which Merideth bewilderedly responded, "Buick?"

Looking over, I realized all she could see was a lot of empty parking stalls and a buick sitting all alone in the middle. Ha HA! Sorry Buick - but my "Mmm" was most definitely not meant for you.

Comments

Baby Sister said…
Are you sure it's just a minor obsession? ;)
Jessica said…
LOL, Mr. Taylor from elementary school forever ruined Corvettes for me.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...