Skip to main content

Einstein Bagels and a Dog

People say having a kid changes things. Well, I am not comparing my dog to your children, but getting a dog  definitely changes things too. Some things are dramatic - like the 'used to be office now turned puppy' room. Or the 'I left my puppy with my not-so-observant brother and now there is a crater' hole at the top of my stairs.

Others are more subtle, like the 'I can't snooze my alarm because it's not fair to the puppy' feeling in the morning. Or the 'I just spent more money on dog toys than I did on food for me' moment of realization.

Some changes are even more subtle. Like this weekend when my Mom and I went to Einstein Bagels for lunch. Who knew they have 'doggy bagels'? I didn't. But I do now. Why? Because I notice things like that now. And, if you ask if I bought one for my dog....sadly, I would have to say yes. Because of the subtle, almost subconcious, nagging thought of her tiny little face begging for a bagel. Afterall, if I get bagels for lunch, isn't it only fair that she gets one too?

Comments

Baby Sister said…
I love Einstein. I think the puppy totally deserved a doggy bagel.
Baby Sister said…
Sorry that was so discombobulating...I'm slightly out of it today.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...