Skip to main content

I Ride The Short Bus Part 2

Okay, so I had to finish the story I started in my last post - the story about how I started riding the short bus. ;)
So after my run-in (pun intended) with the air conditioning unit, Wendy and I were knocking doors in an area full of row homes. For everyone who doesn't know what a row home is: it is a series of houses all linked together in porch and wall. So if you walk up to one door, you can easily step across the 12 inch wooden divider and pow! You're on the next porch. Well, I was on one such porch and needed to get to the next door so I lifted my left leg over the divider...and POW! I was NOT on the next porch. I did, however, have a shooting pain in my left temple right about the same location as the bruise from the a.c. unit. I had unknowingly and uncoordinately, not seen the low hanging, thick wooden divider hanging from the CEILING. So later, when Wendy said 'Look there's a cardinal' and I responded with 'Yeah! It's a red one!' Wendy didn't wonder too much about why I was so dumb. She did threaten to buy me a helmet for Christmas though.

Comments

Must-Ash said…
I would totally give a donation for that helmet.
Baby Sister said…
Haha. I vote...red maybe? :)
Must-Ash said…
I've decided you take too long to post so I've written a blog post just for you. READ IT. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Weeks

Monday: I love school. Tuesday: Just hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. Wednesday: I don't love school anymore. Thursday: I must be crazy to be doing this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Find a happy place. Move to happy place and forget school. Friday: Ooh - it's Friday! No classes. That's a happy place. Sunday: Last week wasn't SO bad. I can do this. I love school. Yep. That about sums it up.

Suprise! I'm Getting Married!

Stories are great. And everyone seems especially interested in this one. So, here it is. We were supposed to go to the gym Tuesday for lunch. But I got a text 20 minutes before he showed up saying he wanted to talk instead. Immediately my stomach sunk. I just knew he was going to break up with me or something horrible like that. Well, he picked me up and we started driving - I had no idea where we were going until we turned up the road by the Timpanogos temple. Then I thought - 'There are only two reasons we would be going to the temple. 1) He is going to propose or 2) He is going to break up with me and knows I can't kill him if he does it on temple grounds.' I'm morbid - I know. We got out and sat on the grass and I had to remind him he wanted to talk. He was like, 'Oh yeah. I almost forgot.' Nerd. So he started talking about our first date and the first time he knew he wanted to be with me and the things he loved about me. Then he started talking about ho...

Runner Without Shoes

So...I recently came to a realization about myself. I...I am a runner. No, I don't own any fancy running shoes - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day shoes. No, I haven't spent an unreasonable amount on running clothes to reduce friction and help me run faster - in fact, I run better in my regular, every day clothes. I didn't buy an Ipod and Earbuds to run with - I can run without music. I never pictured myself as a runner. Most people I know wouldn't say they picture me as a runner. But I am definitely a runner. I run - I run from men. I run from commitment. I run from stable, promising relationships. As soon as they make 'the move' or we have 'the talk' - I bolt. I thought for sure this time would be different. But it appears I am getting too good at running...too used to it. Maybe subconsciously I get some sort of satisfaction...a 'runners high', if you will. It doesn't really matter why I run ... I just do. And I have to find ...